How To Quickly Repair and Beautify Your Dull Skin
"My skin looks dull and blah. What can I do?"
"I'm at my wits end. How can I get my skin to look better?"
"What do you recommend for skin care treatments?"
"My skin is stubborn. Help!"
Tired of your dull looking-skin?
Do you want it to glow?
Dull skin is a common challenge across age, race and nationalities. There are so many reasons for it, but the great news is that dull skin is very easy to repair.
Follow these five steps to beautify your skin today.
Determine your skin type.
Understanding your skin type is important. It can help you determine many things about your skin.
- How long can you stay outdoors in the sun?
- What type of cleansers should you use for the best results?
- What dietary triggers cause trouble for your skin?
What is your skin type?
Invest in a skin care regimen.
Once you've determined your skin type, it's time to treat it well. Spend the time to identify the right skin products for you. Remember what you use will give different results.
- First, use a cleanser to remove dirt and oil.
- Second, exfoliate based on your skin type. Some products can be rough on the skin.
- Next, use toner to decrease the size and appearance of pores.
- Then, apply any special serum or cream that you may use. Under the eyes is a common area to target.
- Last, apply a moisturizer formulated for your skin type. Many moisturizers now come with sunscreen, so try to get one with that added protection.
What is the right skin care regimen for you?
When conscious about the dullness of your skin, water is your friend! Staying hydrated benefits all your cells, including the skin cells.
- Did you know that the typical body is 80 percent water? Now you can understand why your skin looks dull when you aren't hydrated!
Practice hydration in phases. Ensure you drink a glass of water as you get out of bed. End the day with the same regimen before turning in. In between, try to get sips here and there. Eventually aim for 8-10 8 oz. glasses per day.
- Although water is the best option, you can also drink low-calorie beverages like flavored water or sugar-free juices. They also add to your overall fluid intake.
What can you do to improve your confidence (be as specific as you can)?
Get lots of rest.
Sure, 8 hours of restful sleep each night is great. But there are other ways to give your body a break.
- When you're on your lunch break, take a break! Avoid eating at your desk at all costs. Working while eating doesn't send a signal to your brain that you're at rest.
- Use your vacation days for vacation and not to sort out family issues. And even if you aren't able to get extra sleep during vacations, ensure you do things that are relaxing.
How much sleep do you get?
Limit sun exposure.
Direct exposure to sunlight wreaks havoc on even the best skin texture. From blemishes to widening pores and dullness, the negative effects are alarming. Worse, your skin will "turn to leather" as you age. Wrinkles will appear much younger.
- Limit direct sun exposure to 15 minutes per day. This allows your body to generate enough vitamin D for the day and saves your skin from damage.
- Wear sun block whenever you're going outdoors.
Do you bake under the sun?
There you have it.
These five steps represent a simple, yet effective way to repair your dull skin.
All it takes is a little investment in the right products, and taking care of yourself. The effort you put into your skin will match the results it produces.
Repair & beautify your dull skin - click here.